The Library’s new discovery tool is here!
What is Summon?
Summon is a new discovery tool which searches the library’s physical and digital collections in a single step, with the option of broadening your search to items beyond the library’s collection.
Articles and books are now ranked for relevance in a single result list! Summon does this by using a single unified search index searchable by subject term. The index includes all items in the library’s collection including full text books and articles.
Summon offers the ability to refine your search by:
- Items with full text online
- Limit to articles from scholarly publications including peer-review
- Exclude newspaper articles
- Add results beyond the library’s collection
Summon can limit your results by:
- Content type e.g. newspaper articles, journal articles, books, conference proceedings, etc.
- Subject terms
- Publication date
- Library location e.g. general collection, e-books, reference collection etc.
Summon also includes:
- A mobile interface for better accessibility on your mobile device
- Citation information export feature for quick referencing
- “Did you mean?” service to provide guidance
Specialized Summon Searches
Search Library catalog content only – Results will not include articles
Search for articles only
Give Summon a try now using the search boxes above, or going to the Summon search page.
We appreciate your feedback! Let us know what you think about Summon with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Did the Articles Tab on the Home Page Go?
Since Summon searches for articles by default you no longer need to do a separate search for articles. Use the specialized search for articles only (above) or limit your Summon search results to the “Journal Article” content type to see only articles.
Looking for Encore and Research Pro?
The Library’s subscriptions to Encore and Research Pro are no longer be available.