We have been experiencing loading and slowness issues accessing eBooks on Ebook Central.
If you are having trouble with links not loading correctly, pages of eBooks partially loading, or resources not loading at all, please try taking the following steps to successfully access the resources:
- Try using a different browser; Chrome or Firefox usually work best.
- Wait until the Detail page loads completely before trying to click any links on the page, such as the buttons labelled “Read Online” and “Download”, or any links in the Table of Contents.
- Clear your caches.
- On Chrome, go to Settings > Show advanced settings > Clear Browsing Data, select “Cookies and other site and plugin data” and “Cached images and files”, then click the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
- On Firefox, go to Preferences > Advanced > Network, and click the “Clear Now” button under “Cached Web Content”
- If none of the above work, try using the “Full Download” option on the Detail page to use the book offline. This option will require a (free) personal Ebook Central account.
We are working with ProQuest in order to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.