Library Student Assistant Program
To apply please complete this online application.
The AUS Library provides employment opportunities for currently registered undergraduate students depending on library needs.
The basic requirements you must fulfill for student employment are:
- You have completed at least one semester at AUS and are not an Achievement Academy/Bridge Program or visiting/exchange student
- Your cumulative GPA is not less than 2.2
- You are not holding any other job in the university
- You are available to work 10 to 15 hours/week (including weekends) in shifts lasting no less than 2 hours each
Successful applicants are assigned a work schedule according to their class schedules and are expected to continue working through study periods and finals.
Library Student Assistant Responsibilities
Newly Hired Students
As a new hire, your job consists mainly of the following activities:
- Gathering unused books and periodicals
- Assisting patrons
- Shelf Arranging
- Shelf Reading
You may also be assigned by your supervisor to shifts in Information Commons (IC) or Technical Services based on your computer skills. IC responsibilities can include carrying out routine equipment checks and rounds, assisting library patrons in IC areas and trouble-shooting computers/printers/copiers etc.
As a returning student you begin to work more closely with individual departments such as Circulation, Technical Services and Information Commons, or on special projects in addition to performing the aforementioned tasks.
How to Apply
Hiring takes place only at the beginning of the Fall semester and occasionally at the beginning of the Spring semester. Applications are accepted from 2 weeks before classes start to the end of the first week of classes.
Please complete this online application.
- During the application process you will be required to upload your C.V. Uploads are only accepted as PDF documents.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 5-10 working days from application deadline.