Faculty Loan Policy for AUS Library Material
- AUS Faculty may borrow up to 75 items.
- General Collection books are loaned for the semester with 1 renewal between fall and spring semesters.
- These books are subject to recall after one week. If your book is recalled you will be notified and given time to return the book to the library. You can reclaim recalled items after 1 week.
- Loans of Videos, DVDs, CDs and tapes are limited to 5 items (of each type) and can be borrowed for 1 week with no renewals.
- Special Collection material may be borrowed for 1 week.
- Reference material may be borrowed for 1 day after consultation with a librarian.
- Journals may be borrowed, with the exception of current issues.
You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. In the event of loss, you will be liable for the applicable replacement fees.
Faculty may assign a proxy to check-out material(s) on their behalf. Proxies must be affiliated with AUS e.g. AUS staff or currently enrolled students. To assign a proxy, please login with your AUS credentials and complete the online proxy authorization form:
Interlibrary Loan Material
Periodical articles and books not found in the library collection may be obtained through interlibrary loan (ILL) or document delivery.
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery services are limited to AUS faculty and graduate students.
- Requestors should first check to make sure that the materials are not available at AUS.
- Requests for materials should be made to the Interlibrary Loan Department. Please be sure to include full and correct bibliographic details.
Due to the cost of providing this service, faculty are asked to exercise restraint when submitting requests. The library will endeavor to fulfill all reasonable requests but reserves the right to restrict the number of orders submitted per faculty member.
University of Sharjah Library Resource Sharing
- AUS faculty members, holding a valid university ID may borrow materials from the University of Sharjah.
- Faculty may borrow up to 4 items.
- Books are loaned for 30 days and can be renewed once for 2 weeks.
- Books on loan to are subject to recall.
- AUS Faculty may only borrow items from the Standard Collection.
- Renewals can be done over the telephone. Contact information can be found at: http://www.sharjah.ac.ae/English/Library/Pages/ContactUs.aspx
- Overdue items are subject to fines and the borrower is responsible for any lost or damaged material.
Faculty may also access University of Sharjah electronic resources. To access electronic resources provide your AUS ID card to the University of Sharjah Women’s College Library.