Help Desk Services
The Information Commons (IC) Help Desk, staffed by IC staff and student assistants, provides computing and technology assistance in the following areas:
- Accessibility workstation with braille keyboard, trackball mouse, and audio headset.
- Laptop configuration and troubleshooting for internet and printing
- PC troubleshooting
- Software training and troubleshooting
- Loan of network LAN cables
- Presentation Room projector setup and troubleshooting
- Printing and Photocopying troubleshooting
AUS Library’s Information Commons provides a range of computing options for students from 170 computers including laptops, to scanning, printing and photocopying facilities.
The following pages give further details of services offered by Information Commons.
Computers & Laptops – Information on the computing facilities available in the Library
Software – List of software available on all Information Commons computers
IC Help Desk – Help for your all your computing needs is available
Printing & Photocopying – Instructions and cost information for printing and photocopying
Available Computers – Maps with real-time computer availability to help you find a free computer
Wireless Access – Information on configuring your laptop or mobile device to use wireless on campus
IC Help Desk Computing Tips
- The standard paper size at AUS is A4, not letter (8.5″ x 11″), please check page setup when creating and printing documents
- To install Library Pharos printers on your personal laptop:
- Visit http://pharos.aus.edu
- Click ‘AUS Library All Printers’ to download package
- Run downloaded file (AUSLibraryAllPrinters_for_Lte.exe)
Computers are labeled i.e. LIC-GF-04. Please quote this label when reporting problems.
IC Help Desk Contact