Library Help Desk Services
Located on the ground floor, the Library Help Desk is your first point of contact with the university library. We provide help for many problems and can point you in the right direction.
Ask us about:
- Library resources and services
- Wireless set up and connectivity
- Use of accessibility workstation with braille keyboard, trackball mouse, and audio headset.
- Laptop configuration and troubleshooting for internet and printing
- PC troubleshooting
- Software training and troubleshooting
- Loan of network LAN cables
- Presentation Room projector setup and troubleshooting
- Printing and Photocopying troubleshooting
- Getting started with your research
AUS Library’s Information Commons provides a range of computing options for students from 170 computers including laptops, to scanning, printing and photocopying facilities.
The following pages give further details of services offered by Information Commons.
Computers & Laptops – Information on the computing facilities available in the Library
Software – List of software available on all Information Commons computers
Library Help Desk – Help with technology and research support
Printing & Photocopying – Instructions and cost information for printing and photocopying
Available Computers – Maps with real-time computer availability to help you find a free computer
Wireless Access – Information on configuring your laptop or mobile device to use wireless on campus
Help Desk Computing Tips
- The standard paper size at AUS is A4, not letter (8.5″ x 11″), please check page setup when creating and printing documents
- To install Library Pharos printers on your personal laptop:
- Visit http://pharos.aus.edu
- Click ‘AUS Library All Printers’ to download package
- Run downloaded file (AUSLibraryAllPrinters_for_Lte.exe)
Computers are labeled i.e. LIC-GF-04. Please quote this label when reporting problems.
Information Commons Contact