Black & white and color Pharos enabled printers are available in the library. Pharos is a campus-wide system used to release print jobs to the printers and track your printing credit.
- Black & White
- 2 in Information Commons (open area), ground floor
- 1 in each IC1 and IC2
- 2 in 1st floor printing area
- 1 on the ground floor – printer name: LIBRARY-GF-P03-COLOR
- 1 on the first floor – printer name: LIBRARY-1F-P03-COLOR
Pharos Printing Credit
To allow for free printing, registered students’ accounts are credited as follows:
- Fall Semester – 400 pages @ 25fils/page = AED 100
- Spring Semester – 400 pages @ 25fils/page = AED 100
- Summer Semester – 160 pages @ 25fils/page = AED 40
* Additional credit can be added at the Cashier’s Office
Pharos Printing Charges
- B&W A4 – Single / Double Sided Page – 25 fils / 35 fils
- B&W A3 – Single / Double Sided Page – 35 fils / 49 fils
- Color A4 – Single / Double Sided Page – 1 AED / 1.50 AED
- Color A3 – Single / Double Sided Page – 1.50 AED / 2.25 AED
How to Print Using Pharos
- From the software’s Print dialog box select the printer to use and click Print
- In the Pharos Print Job Details pop-up enter your AUS username and password and click Print
- Go to Pharos Release Stations in the printing areas and log in using your AUS username and password
- Select the print job(s) to be released and click Print
All laptops on the AUS_Wireless network are able to print to Pharos enabled printers. For help configuring your personal laptop, please visit the IC Help Desk.
All photocopiers are located on the ground floor next to the circulation desk.
- Black & White – 2 in Information Commons, ground floor
- Color – 1 in Information Commons, ground floor
Photocopy Credit – SafeQ
Photocopiers in the library use the SafeQ system which allow you to use your AUS ID card as a photocopy card. Accounts are not automatically credited like Pharos, to add credit you must visit the Cashier’s Office. Click for more information about SafeQ.
If you don’t have an ID card you can purchase a generic card at the Cashier’s Office or Blends & Brews coffee shop in the library building. The generic cards cost 30Dhs, and come loaded with 25Dhs photocopy credit. These cards can be re-charged for 20Dhs minimum at the Cashier’s Office.
- B&W A4 – Single / Double Sided Page – 25 fils / 50 fils
- B&W A3 – Single / Double Sided Page – 25 fils / 50 fils
- Color A4 – Single / Double Sided Page – 1.25 AED / 2.50 AED
- Color A3 – Single / Double Sided Page – 1.25 AED / 2.50 AED
Alternatively, HP scanners can be used as photocopiers. Simply choose “make copies” while scanning, select a printer and supply your AUS username and password. Normal printing charges will be deducted from your Pharos account. More scan to print instructions.
The University Copy Center located in the Post Office provides full service photocopying. Please inquire about rates and processing.