As an alumnus you retain access to the library’s physical collections and on-campus access to many of our digital collections. While license agreements prevent us from giving alumni off-campus access to our digital collections we have compiled a list of open access resources our alumni may find helpful.
- Alumni may borrow up to 20 items.
- Books are loaned for 3 weeks and can be renewed four times.
- Loans of media items are limited to 5 videos/DVDs, and 5 audio CDs/tapes/CD-ROMs. These items can be borrowed for one week and cannot be renewed.
- Media and Presentation Rooms may be reserved in advance by contacting Circulation Desk staff on 06 515 2256. Minimum reservation time is 30 minutes, maximum reservation time is 2 hours.
- Fines will apply to any late returns or lost items.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. The library strongly advises against loaning items you have borrowed to another person. In the event of loss or a late return, you will be liable for the applicable fines.
- Licensing agreements restrict electronic databases to currently enrolled students and faculty/staff only. However, onsite access to electronic databases is possible for alumni. You will require your personal laptop and a network cable. Please note that library laptops are not available for loan. Network cables can be borrowed for a period of 3 hours.
- To review open access resources that are freely available, visit The Research Guide to Open Access Resources.