AUS Library’s Food & Drink Policy is intended to preserve our library materials, computer equipment, and furnishings, and to maintain a pleasant and comfortable environment for our readers and staff. Your help in this effort is greatly appreciated.
Food will not be allowed in:
- Book stacks
- Study carrels
- Computer workstation areas
- Group study rooms
- Print/Photocopy areas
- Any place posted “no food allowed”
Unless otherwise posted, water in approved containers only, may be consumed in the library.
Approved containers include:
- Water in capped plastic water bottles
Containers that are not considered acceptable include:
- Open cups or mugs
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles
- Paper or Styrofoam cups with or without lids
- Users not complying with these policies will be asked to take the food or drink to a designated food area.
- Unattended food in a “no food allowed” area will be discarded as will unattended drink in unapproved containers.
Posted in: General Library Policies