The Library is committed to providing students and faculty with an inspiring and engaging learning environment that meets a wide variety of needs. To support this mission, the Library has adopted the following statement of Library User Rights and Responsibilities.
The AUS Library provides:
- Courteous, knowledgeable and helpful assistance
- Technology tools to facilitate research, inquiry and knowledge creation
- Facilities that support and enrich individual and collaborative learning
- Information resources in a variety of formats
Library users are expected to:
- Honor the library as a place for study, research and collaboration
- Behave in a manner that does not disturb others or cause damage to the library
- Interact courteously and respectfully with other library users and library staff
- Maintain a clean, pest-free environment by not bringing food or drink into the library (excluding bottled water)
Library users, as members of a community of learners, play an important role in creating an environment that is conducive to research, reflection and collaborative learning. As such, all library users are expected to act appropriately in the library and conduct themselves in accordance with these rights and responsibilities. Users who do not comply and who disrespect the rights of others will be asked for their university ID, escorted from the building and referred to university authorities.
For detailed information, please refer to the AUS Student Handbook – Library Code of Conduct
Posted in: General Library Policies