AUS Library’s Information Commons provides a range of computing options for students.
199 Computers Available in the Library
- 108 Dell All-in-One desktops on ground floor (see specs below)
- 40 workstations on 1st floor
- 27 Dell All-in-One desktops
- 9 iMac stations
- 4 express terminals
- 51 laptops at Circulation Desk (3 hour checkout)
Use Available Computers to find a free desktop or laptop in the Library.
Scanners & Printers
- 7 A4 scanners – 5 on ground floor, 2 on 1st floor
- 1 A3 scanner on ground floor
- 2 Digital senders on ground floor (scan to email, 40 pg/min, double sided scanning, pdf output)
- Black & white and color printers and photocopiers
Library desktops and laptops are all loaded with a standard software package to meet the computing needs of most students.
At peak hours Library computers are very busy so students are encouraged to use their own laptops.
Wireless internet is available throughout the building. When connected to AUS_Wireless network, personal laptops can:
- Access the internet and network folders
- Print on Pharos enabled printers (Pharos client installation required)
The IC Help Desk offers help with configuring laptops for network and printing and distributes network cables. For more information please see Information Commons Help Desk.
Laptop User’s Agreement
Borrowers are responsible and fiscally liable for all costs associated with damage, or replacement should a laptop be lost or stolen.
Please refer to the AUS Library’s Laptop User’s Agreement for a schedule of costs.