Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 2020-02-09 13:12
- Faculty may borrow up to 75 items, including:
- General Collection books
- Leisure Collection books
- Media (e.g. films, DVDs)
- Music (e.g. CDs)
- Journal issues (except for current issues)
- Items are loaned for 1 semester and will be automatically renewed provided that:
- No other patron has requested the item
- Your patron account is not due to expire within the next semester
- Items may be recalled by another user after two weeks. In this case, you will be notified and given a reasonable amount of time to return the item to the library. Should you still need the items, you may place a hold request after you return them.
- Special Collection material can be borrowed for one week.
- Reference material may be loaned for one day, after consultation with a librarian.
- Replacement fees will be assessed to lost items.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. The library strongly advises against loaning items you have borrowed to another person. In the event of loss, you will be liable for the applicable replacement fee.
- Faculty may assign a proxy to check-out material(s) on their behalf.
- Proxies must be affiliated with AUS (e.g. AUS staff or currently enrolled students).
- To assign a proxy, please login with your AUS credentials and complete the online Proxy Authorization Form.
- University of Sharjah Library resource sharing
- AUS faculty members, holding a valid university ID may borrow materials from the University of Sharjah.
- Faculty may borrow up to 4 items.
- Books are loaned for 30 days and can be renewed once for 2 weeks.
- Books on loan to are subject to recall.
- AUS Faculty may only borrow items from the Standard Collection.
- Renewals can be done over the telephone. Contact information can be found at: https://www.sharjah.ac.ae/en/Libraries/Pages/default.aspx
- Overdue items are subject to fines and the borrower is responsible for any lost or damaged material.
- Faculty may also access University of Sharjah electronic resources. To access electronic resources provide your AUS ID card to the University of Sharjah Women’s College Library.
- Faculty may use our Interlibrary Loan Portal to request articles and books not found in the library collection.
Borrowing and Access Policies