AUS Library Reopens - Fall 2021 (updated September 19, 2021)
Commencing August 29th, the library will be open to AUS faculty, students and staff with COVID19-safe measures in place.
We’ve gathered the below library information to help with your transition back to campus.
Library opening hours are posted on our website. Please verify timings before visiting.
We are committed to providing a space where you will feel safe and an environment that will enhance your learning experience. When visiting the library you can expect:
- A quiet space for individual study
- A place to attend online classes, workshops, or office hours
- Study and seating arrangements clearly identified to ensure social distancing
- A place to charge your laptop
- Helpful library staff available across each floor to answer your questions
- Masks are essential and must be worn at all times (even if you are sitting or working alone)
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- Because the furniture is spaced to accommodate social distancing, please refrain from moving furniture during your visit
- Remember to bring headphones so you can listen to a class without disturbing others
- Food is prohibited. Drinks in reusable, sealable containers only
Media rooms, presentation rooms, seminar rooms and the recording studio can be booked in advance using the room reservation system. Please note that room seating capacity is limited to ensure safety requirements are met.
Access to Collections
We encourage self-serve access using our self-check-out machines located on the ground and second floors. You will need your AUS ID card to borrow materials.
For more information about borrowing materials, see our Borrowing and Access Policies.
When on campus, you can return items using the library book-drops at the library entrance, Student Center or inside the library on the ground floor. From off-campus, items can be returned at the campus service gate. For more information on book returns, including postal returns, see our Returning Library Items page.
Please note that a delay in returned items being removed from your library account is normal and is due to our COVID-safe quarantining.
For help with your library account and questions surrounding current loans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to buy your textbooks? Students will receive instructions from their course instructors on the syllabus. You may find your textbook in the AUS etextbook store or the syllabus will provide a link to purchase your textbook from the publisher. More information can be found here.
The library is acquiring textbooks and supplemental readings, in electronic form where possible. Print course reserve materials will be available for in-house use only. Check for a listing of available resources on our course reserves page.
Research and Study Support
The library is here to help! We have a team of talented librarians and staff available onsite and virtually to assist. See our Help page for details.