Laptop User's Agreement
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The laptop is your responsibility while it is checked out to you. Do not leave it unattended even for a few seconds. If the computer or any components are lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out to you, you will be charged for replacement or repair.
- Laptops are available for check out to currently registered AUS undergraduate and graduate students.
- They can be borrowed from the Library's Circulation Desk on the ground floor of the Library.
- They can only be used within the Library and do not circulate overnight.
- The checkout period is 3 hours.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- Overdue fines of 10 Dhs per hour apply. To avoid fines, return laptops to the Circulation Desk on the ground floor of the Library.
- Please allow adequate time for laptop check-in.
- Laptops must be turned in 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- Borrowers agree to accept custody of a library owned laptop computer and to be responsible for it during the period that it is checked out.
- Borrowers must contact the Circulation Desk staff immediately if the laptop is damaged, malfunctions, is lost or stolen.
- Borrowers are responsible and fiscally liable for all costs associated with damage to the laptop during the period it is checked out, or its replacement cost should it be lost or stolen. Please refer to the Schedule of Laptop Repair / Replacement Costs below for details.
- The Library is not responsible for any files left on any laptop or for loss of or damage to a user's file during the loan period. Documents saved to the hard drive will automatically be cleared when the laptop is rebooted or powered off.
- The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user's disk.
- Wireless printing is available from laptops to the printers in the library.
Additional Guidelines and Reminders
- SAVE YOUR WORK to your network folder or external media and do this frequently. Documents saved to the hard drive are deleted automatically upon laptop restart or shutdown.
- Always use the charger. The AUS Library is not responsible for any files left on any laptop or for loss of or damage to a user's file during the loan period.
- For help using laptops (both hardware and software), ask for assistance at the IC Help Desk on the ground floor of the Library.
- Never leave the laptop unattended.
What you should find in the laptop case
- 1 Dell laptop computer
- 1 Dell charger
Laptop Repair / Replacement Costs
|AC Adaptor / Power cord||Missing or damaged||200|
|Base Assembly (case)||Broken or cracked||200|
|Carry Case||Missing or vandalized||100|
|Damaged corners||Damage due to misuse or being dropped||80|
|Keyboard||Damaged, missing or lost keys||200|
|Laptop cover (case)||Broken, cracked or dented||80|
|LCD screen||Cracked, scratched or damaged||400|
|Laptop Replacement||Lost or stolen||1500|
All prices listed above reflect the cost for standard parts and labor required to correct the problem. Any other damage not listed resulting from misuse or negligence will be billed at a cost of parts and labor required to complete the repair.