Laptop User's Agreement
Laptops are available for registered user checkout from the Library Laptop Locker. They can be borrowed on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- The laptop loan period is 5 hours. One booking per patron per day.
- Loan periods will be shortened to 1 hour before library closing.
- Overdue fines of 20 dhs per hour up to 10 hours apply. After 10 hours the item will be declared lost and a replacement fee will be charged.
- Laptops (and component accessories) must be returned to the Library Laptop Locker on the ground floor of the library prior to library closure.
- Borrowers accept full responsibility for the laptop during the period it is checked out.
- Borrowers are responsible for all damage to and / or loss or theft of loaned laptops and accessories.
- User is responsible for logging off or shutting down the laptop before returning it to protect their personal data. Library is not responsible for clearing this before the next loan.
- If repairable, damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs.
- Replacement costs will be charged if a laptop and / or its component accessories are lost or stolen.
- Borrowers agree to contact Library Service Desk staff immediately if the laptop is damaged, malfunctions, is lost or is stolen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 06 515 2256
Save your Work!
- To extend the life of the battery, turn off the laptop when it is not in use.
- Documents and files are automatically deleted once the laptop is turned off. The Library is not responsible for any lost or damaged work. No data can be retrieved.
- The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, external storage solutions used by the user.