Streaming Video Reserves Form
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 2020-02-09 14:13
- Complete the online form to request streaming video services for your class.
- The form must be completed each semester they are required.
- To request videos you’ve streamed before, select the “multiple videos streamed before; please repeat last streamed videos for this course” option on the form.
- The form and material to be digitized can be submitted to library staff at the Service Desk.
- The library will digitize videos intended for educational use to all students enrolled in a class.
- Streaming Video Reserves are hosted on the Panopto portal, accessible via iLearn.
- The library requires 7 days notice before the scheduled viewing in iLearn
- Videos will only be made available after the end of the Add/Drop period.
- Faculty need to make the course available and provision it for Panopto before the library can publish the video for students.
- Accepted formats are DVD, VHS, and some external devices.
- Converting from VHS to streaming video is possible only when a DVD copy is not available for the same material. If a DVD copy is available this version must be purchased and then used for streaming purposes.
- Material to be digitized must be owned either by the library or by the person requesting the digitization. We cannot digitize third-party copies, recordings, or transfers, including rentals or personal recordings of television broadcasts.
- In order to digitize original footage created by students, we need to have written permission from the person who created it.
- How much we will digitize
- For commercially produced video or film, we follow applicable guidelines for fair use within the context of copyright law. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.
- The Library will adhere to the following definition of fair use when determining an appropriate amount of material to digitize – “reproduction by a teacher of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson.”
- In general, we are able to digitize the amount that would fall within a regular 50-minute classroom session.
- See the Copyright and Permissions Service for more information on copyright and fair use.
- For more information about Streaming Video Reserves please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Streaming Video Reserves